March 27, 2020
We’re Committed. Stand With Us. Find out how you can help.
March 24, 2020
Drop off donations are accepted at the mission (1207 N. McClelland St., Santa Maria) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
March 20, 2020
March 16, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing many disruptions in our local communities, our nation and throughout the world. I’m sure you are feeling the effects of this national emergency. I want you to know that we are praying for you.
Many have been reaching out to us to ask how we are doing in the midst of this crisis. The Central Coast Rescue Mission is still open and we are continuing to offer help and hope to those in need. We know that we will get through this challenging time because you have been there for us in the past. Your loyalty has made it possible for us to continue this life-saving work when our community needs us the most.
We are working diligently to meet the increased demand for services while protecting the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and clients. Here are some of the current challenges we are facing:
- As people have been encouraged to stay home and avoid large crowds, we have reduced our volunteer staffing to mission critical needs.
- All of our thrift stores, which provide income to support our programs to assist the poor and homeless, are currently closed.
- Many of the food donations we receive come from stores that donate their unsold products. As markets struggle to keep their shelves stocked, there is very little left over to donate to agencies that feed the poor.
We are confident in the face of these challenges, because we have placed our trust in God. He has blessed us with faithful friends like you, who when times are tough, open their hearts and hands and give generously to those in need.
Thank you for standing with us. If you are able to make a special gift to help our most vulnerable neighbors, please click the donate button at the top of this page.
May God protect you and your loved ones.
Central Coast Rescue Mission
March 13, 2020
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is getting a lot of attention and, as a supporter of the Central Coast Rescue Mission, we wanted to update you on what we are doing to address this challenge.
The Central Coast Rescue Mission is committed to continuing our vital work to provide food, clothing, and residential recovery programs to our neighbors in need. Community outreaches will continue as partnering agencies and volunteers remain available
Our first concern is the health and safety of the people we help, our volunteers and employees. We know that the people we serve will be very vulnerable during this critical time. The economic impact on the population we serve will likely be significant. We must be ready to do everything we can to make sure they receive the help they need despite the social and economic disruption they may face.
We have already taken the following steps to protect the health and safety of our entire community:
Meal and Community Outreach services:
- Requiring all of our guests to wash their hands before meals.
- We are using disposable plates, utensils, and cups.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of meal service areas.
- Increasing daily cleaning and educating residents on health, safety, and wellness measures.
- To address the growing concerns about being in large groups, we are reducing our volunteer opportunities to the absolute, mission-critical shifts.
- All volunteers will have access to gloves, aprons, and hand-sanitizers.
- If any volunteer is feeling unwell, we ask that they please cancel and reschedule their service for another time.
The Central Coast Rescue Mission has been responding to disasters and local emergencies for many years. We are prepared to assist as needed in coordination with other community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, and government agencies.
As always, the work that we do feeding and caring for the needy in our community is enabled by the generosity of caring individuals like you. If you are able to give a special gift to help the Central Coast Rescue Mission meet this challenge, you can donate online.
Please pray for God’s wisdom and protection as we face this new challenge. Thank you for your continued support.
Central Coast Rescue Mission